Thank you to all who have applied!
We will reach out to you soon with more information about the interview process.
We are searching for a farm worker to help us in the gardens, fields and herb processing room.
Working hours will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays (and some Fridays) from 9am-5pm with a 30 minute lunch break.
This job is seasonal.
Work will be from September 4 - October 31 and possibly a few weeks into November (depending on the weather).
This is hard, heavy work. You won't need a gym membership and you'll sleep well every night. We are a small but mighty team and count on every member to get the job done.
Your hands will get dirty!
If you are interested please read the detailed job description below. If you'd like to apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18.
The hourly rate is $13 - $15 depending on experience.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- harvesting flowers, leaves and roots
- processing dried plants through screens to reach appropriate size
- weighing and bagging dried herbs
- filling orders
- answering the phone
The ideal candidate will:
- have previous horticultural or farm experience and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather
- be able to correctly calculate and weigh dried herbs and then update spreadsheets with these quantities
- be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- be able to attend the Common Ground Fair with us and work the booth. Fair dates are September 22, 23, and 24
- have transportation to and from Meeting House Herb Farm in Scarborough, Maine
Additional questions? Email us at email@example.com